EASILY MOVE YOUR HAZMAT SHIPMENTS!
Your One-Stop-Chemical Transportation-Shop!
DSN not only specializes in Hazmat Transportation, but in particular, Hazmat Transportation to Canada. Our team of Canadian Hazmat Carriers are experts at crossing the border between Canada and the United States. They do it everyday and they know how to get your goods across the border to Canada safely and expeditiously.
If you’re in need of a Canadian Hazmat Carrier for LTL or Truckload service to or from Canada, or anywhere in North America; DSN Chemical Transportation is the logistics company for you.
Transporting chemicals and hazardous materials is a process that must be handled with absolute care and left only to professional HAZMAT carriers. Drivers that are not fully trained in the transportation of these goods should not attempt to carry them; this type of cargo should be left in the hands of qualified professionals. That’s where DSN comes in.
Specializing in chemical transportation for almost 30 years
DSN’s team of HAZMAT carriers are fully trained in the safe, efficient shipping of chemical and hazardous materials. You can trust in the most strict and thorough training, a full commitment to customer service and unblinking dedication to the safety of your freight.
DSN are the trusted experts you should choose when you’re in need of a HAZMAT carrier. You’ll be 100% up-to-date on the status of your shipment through the use of our tracking and tracing systems. When you want to know where your cargo is, just log on to DSN’s website and you’ll have full access to your shipments, customized reports, and ISS-2 safety ratings of the HAZMAT carriers transporting your freight. We feel you should be as informed as we are about the status of your goods, and that’s just one way we put as much effort as we can towards good, caring customer service.
Every HAZMAT carrier employed to move your freight has safety in mind as a top priority, and treats each shipment with as much care as possible. All of the carrier’s drivers are fully trained and qualified for the shipment of chemicals and dangerous goods. Feel assured that your cargo is in good, reliable hands, and pride yourself on working towards this goal every day.
Watch our video below for more information on how DSN moves your hazardous material with qualified Hazmat Carriers.
Hazmat Carriers (Hazardous Materials) Requirements
Hazmat carriers are trucking companies and drivers that are licensed to haul hazmat freight. Here are some of the most notable requirements a hazmat carrier must have to haul hazmat freight:
Hazmat Carriers must have:
- A hazmat certificate of registration
- Must train their drivers and dispatchers in hazmat transport
- Must have a security plan.
- Must have MCS-150 endorsement on insurance form.
- Must have minimum insurance limits.
The Drivers for hazmat carriers must have the following:
- Hazmat Drivers must have a hazmat endorsement card in the US.
- May also have a FAST Card instead of hazmat endorsement card in the US.
- Must also be trained in the transportation of dangerous goods.
Hazmat Carriers have the following responsibilities in regard to hazmat shipments:
- Responsible for the SHIPPING PAPERWORK while in transit
- Responsible for PLACARDING AND MARKING VEHICLE
- Jointly responsible with the hazmat shipper for LOADING AND UNLOADING
- Jointly responsible with the hazmat shipper for COMPATIBILITY
- Hazmat Carriers are jointly responsible with the hazmat shipper for BLOCKING AND BRACING
- Responsible for INCIDENT REPORTING during transit.
- Responsible for a SECURITY PLAN
- Responsible for their own EMPLOYEE TRAINING