From The Penalty Box…. Former NHL Referee, Greg Kimmerly #18, offers strategy for picking your DSN 2017 NHL Playoff Hockey Pool Dream Team!
DSN’s NHL Playoff Hockey Pool is accessible entirely online.
Just log onto the DSN website to select the players for your “2017 Dream Team” !
This is the best time of the year for hockey fans, the week before the DSN Hockey pool! Time to work on your strategy, scout the players, consult your friends that actually know something about hockey and, of course, look for your lucky rabbit’s foot.
There are so many ways that you can attack the DSN hockey pool:
- Be risky and try to predict which 2 teams will end up playing in the Stanley Cup Final and ONLY select players that play on those teams.
- Look for some ‘one hit wonders’, fourth line players that have that 1 great play-off to last them a career, think Jimmy Carson, Jonathan Cheechoo, Chris Kontos and of course Fernando Pisani. Who will be this year’s diamond in the rough?
- Perhaps your strategy will be to attempt to find the diamond in the rough from a number of the teams.
- Do you pick the magical Connor McDavid hoping that the young Edmonton Oilers do not bow out quickly in 4 games.
- Select only from your favourite team, are there any Leaf fans out there? Do any of them remember what the play-offs are like?
- Choose players that will be on the ice at the same time – this requires doing some research, like, who plays on the wing for Connor McDavid. Each goal they score could bring you 2 points.
- Perhaps take that research further and select a defenseman plus 2 forwards that are on the ice together most of the time.
- Only select players that play on their teams’ power play, greater chance that they will get points than the players that only play 5 on 5.
- Select players only from your Dad’s favourite team, because everyone knows that Dad is always right.
- Stay away from the Russian players who will certainly under perform as a sign of protest about the NHL’s decision to stay away from the next Olympics .
- Choose players that will not be protected in the upcoming expansion draft and want to have a fantastic play-off in the hopes the they can play in Las Vegas next season.
- Use a scientific approach to make your draft selections, like, choose only players that play on teams that are named after animals, Sharks, Penguins, Bruins etc. KIDDING!!
No matter which method you use to select your team, know that the play-offs are much more interesting when you have drafted a collection of players to form your team in the DSN Hockey Pool. Pool participants can check the web site weekly as I will be reporting numerous play-off updates “From The Penalty Box….”
Good Luck All!
Former NHL Referee #18
- Click on the “Log In” button below to log onto the DSN web portal and view your personal “Dashboard” page
- Top, left-hand corner of that page: Click on the icon beside the word Dashboard
- Click on Hockey Pool, then click on 2017
- You will see the list of all pool participants, click on your name
- To select a player: Click in the Available Players field, type the name of a player, or, to see an entire team, type the 3 character NHL team code (for example, WSH, CHI, BOS, etc.)
- Choose the player by clicking on the Add button beside their stats
- Continue adding players, staying at or below the Salary Cap of $150
- As you build your team, you will see your choices and their stats listed on the left side of the page
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email or call 1-800-388-3487, ext. 9364
DON’T FORGET to enter and save your Tie Breaker score. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the participant whose Tie Breaker number is closest to the total number of goals actually scored in the final series.
GOOD LUCK !
Please Note: If you would prefer to choose your team without logging into our web portal, contact email@example.com